Follow me

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Burning The Midnight Oil

midnightcandle

Since taking up part-time studies at the IBS I have been staying up late to do my school work. I find it peaceful at these odd hours of the morning.

After midnight the streets are empty except for the occasional night riders speeding down the road. Outside my window dogs can also be heard rummaging through my next door neighbors garbage left beside the road for pick up the rubbish truck. The city is asleep and I am usually along with my thoughts at these early hours of the morning.

Currently I am working on a management assignment.  Its a team work assignment and we are to address several questions based on a hypothetical case study.  The assignment is due midnight next week Wednesday 11 May 2011.

However, I am not pleased with the effort of our team.  As we have not had an official meeting to discuss the questions. This assignment is crucial if we are to pass the unit at and it is the last week. Crucial to me especially since the condition of my continued sponsorship is that I get C and above in all the 8 units I study under this diploma program.

I am not one to give up that easily so I have attempted most of the questions and will hunt down my my team this week to collaborate on a draft.  This is now a crisis and since this is a management cost it must be managed at all costs. That also means burning the midnight oil to get it done.

Image source Midnightcomm

2 comments:

  1. Toviran.Here is a quote.Don't now how it fits to your blog.But I have a feeling it belongs here.

    'Job security is gone. The driving force of a career must come from the individual. ~ E. Nightingale

    ReplyDelete
  2. wages make a living but profits earn you a fortune - jim rohn. thanks for visiting @ drua mika

    ReplyDelete